Paul,

I'm not a SIP standards expert by any stretch, but yours is the interpretation
I tend to favour and which sits best with me.

Since in-dialog requests are originated by the dialog parties, timing issues
belong with them, not with intermediate proxies IMHO.

-- Alex

--
Sent via mobile, please forgive typos and brevity.