Hi Friends,

I have a query regarding the SIP authentication procedure at UE side.

Since we have different types of SIP AUTHENTICATION procedures (MD5, AKAv1,
AKAv2)
suppose say network challenged to the UE REQUEST with either one of the
AUTH in the 401 response.

Now due to some reason response (to the challenge) got failed/not
calculated.
Is there any provision to use other procedure to calculate the response (to
the challenge).

As i know currently it is not seen anywhere (UE side),
but i am curious to know why it is not possible?
what are the limitations?
Is that could be achievable, by any chance? [Say for example UE receiving
some extra parameter in the 401 challenge]

Please help to clarify me, with the above queries related to authentication

--

With Regards

Arun A. Tagare
+91 9449 029729