I find out an interesting conversation exactly about my scenario, when RFC
4028 was a draft and was in discussion mode,
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg00743.html

Call flow:
UAC ----- P-A ----- P-B ------ UAS

1. UAC sends a simple INVITE w/o any session timer. 2. P-A inserts
Session-Expires: 600 3. P-B detects that this value is too small and
generates a 422 Session Timer too small Session-Expires: 900 4. P-A
forwards this up the UAC The INVITE transaction has completed so P-A clears
all state (there was no call established). 5. The UAC receives 422 Response
but does not understand it. Hence, the 422 defaults to 400 class response;
no retry with different timer value is done.

So what I understood is the proposed solution is to have the proxy(P-A)
insert a Min-SE header in this case.

Question is, if proxy P-A does the same, is it mandatory or not for UAC to
retry the INVITE with suggested session-expire value even if the response
code is 4XX.

Thanks,
Amanpreet Singh.