Sreekanth <sknt...@gmail.com> writes:
> I am going through the SIP RFC (3261) and couldn't find anything specified
> regarding the 401 Unauthorized challenge response from the UAS side during
> a registration.
>
> I wanted to confirm whether it is okay to add a *Require *header into this
> 401 Unauthorized message response.

What would be the point?  The concept of a Require header is "the UAS is
required to reject the request (420) if it doesn't understand the
option-tag".  If a *response* had a Require header, either the UAC
understands the option-tag and processes the response as normal, or it
doesn't understand the option-tag ... and then what does it do?  It
can't send a 420 response *to a response*.

Dale