Anjan,

The use of the ephimeral port is not SIP specific but because of the TCP/IP
stack.
And even though the outgoing messages will be sent over an ephemeral port,
the message is prepared using the standard ports the SIP stack is listening
so subsequent requests and responses are able to reach back.

Regards
George

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 4:25 PM Anjan Naik <anjankumarn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> By default SIP uses port 5060 for incoming and outgoing messages. But In
> some cases, I have seen, the incoming port used by server is 5060 but when
> it sends outgoing packet, it uses Ephimeral port.
>
> Could someone please explain me , why this Ephimeral ports being used ? and
> what is it benifits.?
>
> Thanks,
> Anjan

George Vagenas