Pravin, Gaurav,

On 8/13/20 5:34 AM, Pravin Kumar wrote:
Hi Gaurav,

You can refer to RFC3261 Call-ID ABNF syntax section:

[RFC3261 - page 228]

Call-ID  =  ( "Call-ID" / "i" ) HCOLON callid
callid   =  word [ "@" word ]

[RFC3261 - page221]

       word        =  1*(alphanum / "-" / "." / "!" / "%" / "*" /
                      "_" / "+" / "`" / "'" / "~" /
                      "(" / ")" / "<" / ">" /
                      ":" / "\" / DQUOTE /

If you observe here ":" is allowed in call-id irrespective to position. So
in your case UAS behaviour is not correct to remove the ":". -pravin

I agree that colon is allowed in call-id, but whitespace is not. So it appears to me that the UAC has erred.

Exactly what the UAS should do in this case is not defined. I would suggest you either:

1) reject the request with a 400 response
2) ignore the error and use the call-id as-is

The fact that your uas ignored the colon suggests to me that its parser is acting in an unjustified way. (Ad hoc parsing?)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 2:30 PM Gaurav Khare <gaurav.kh...@onmobile.com>