On 8/4/22 8:11 AM, Rakesh wrote:
Hi Team,

I could see in a sip CANCEL message From Header as below

From: "test" <sip:ims.test.in>;tag=3bbb9483d215d830c635372f8f181929

is this correct?

Just looking at this, without regard for context, it is valid syntax. (The userinfo portion of the sip URI is optional.)

But it makes no sense to send this unless there was a matching prior sip request with the same sip URI.

Each domain is free to define the userinfo portion of its sip URIs as it sees fit. This includes whether to support URIs with no userinfo. You might want to consult an administrator for ims.test.in.

Normally the From header is sip:user@domain

As per ABNF grammar, the above one is also should not be an issue as From
header but could let me know if I misinterpreted the ABNF grammar?

BR///Rakesh