Hi Owais,

in the SDP it sends, each peer informs the other one where (on which socket) it wishes to *receive* RTP. So there is no reason why the media port in the SDP in 200 should match the one in the SDP in the INVITE.

So a peer must send RTP to the UDP port indicated on the "m=" line in the received SDP and to the IP address indicated in the matching "c=" line in that SDP.

Formally, it is not mandatory that a peer uses the socket on which it wishes to receive RTP as a source one for the RTP packets it sends, but some security-oriented implementations may ignore incoming RTP packets from other source sockets.

Note that in the SIPp scenario, you have to use "media_port" if you want to loop back the RTP packets received from the peer, and "auto_media_port" when you want to send your own RTP using "exec pcap_play_audio". The documentation doesn't say which one should be used together with "exec rtp_stream".

So use Wireshark (or tcpdump) to verify whether SIPp sends RTP to the socket requested by the remote peer, and whether the source port of that RTP matches the one indicated in SIPp's own SDP or not, and if it doesn't, check the "media_port" vs. "auto_media_port".

If there is a trouble, attach the tcpdump/Wireshark capture taken at the SIPp machine and the scenario.

Pavel