all spreadsheet apps have issues with this in general, in how they format
cells by default numerically. I actually find it works very well if you
import it to google spreadsheets and it doesn't require changing the cell
formats to get the data into the correct format.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Kumaran <
thiru.venkateshwa...@ttplservices.com> wrote:

> Yes,you are right...The problem lies in my side...What I did is,I opened
> the file in Openoffice(odf format) in which + is not validated....Then I
> edited it and saved it as current format...So while saving + will be
> discarded and saved as csv format...So while import + will not
> available..Thanks for the update...
>
> Regards,
> Kumaran T
>
> Eda Ercan wrote:
> > Hi Kumaran,
> >
> > I checked here, and the leading + is preserved in my system. Depending
> > on what you are using to open that csv file, it may not show the plus
> > sign to you. Can you check with a text editor?
> >
> > Eda
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Kumaran
> > <thiru.venkateshwa...@ttplservices.com
> > <mailto:thiru.venkateshwa...@ttplservices.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi All,
> >      I noticed while exporting csv files that leading + are discarded....
> >       Eg:
> >         When I saved the cell and home number as +919986252763
> >     <tel:%2B919986252763> and exported
> >     csv file....But in the saved csv file its showing as 919986252763
> >     instead of
> >          +919986252763 <tel:%2B919986252763>....
> >      So its a intended behavior?
> >
> >     Regards,