Before I do that, I am looking at my ACL I want to implement. It has around
"87,600" entries. I am looking also to produce a separate IP tables deny
statement based on it and finding an automatic way to include in the
existing framework which will be more time consuming.

Does anyone see any issues with the ACL being that long (performance,
memory, speed to allow/deny a transaction)?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM, George Niculae <geo...@ezuce.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Tony Graziano <
> tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to understand the current format used in the proxy
>> (whitellist/blacklist) in 4.6.
>>
>> Are there hard limits in these fields? I ask because I am trialling to
>> upload a preformatted list of ACL's to blacklist based on geo-country
>> functions. I have a working script which fetches them and add them to the
>> onboard iptables rules, though it takes 15-20 minutes to instantiate, as it
>> is quite large.
>>
>> What I think would be helpful is being able to link to a file and have
>> the system refresh itself or upload a CSV file to accomplish this same
>> goal. While there are multiple formats one could support, CSV seems among
>> the most universal for an upload of this nature. What I found less
>> practical is the requirement to allow pasting in the free form field by
>> separating with a comma and no spaces or line breaks.
>>
>> I think this all comes down to parsing. Does anyone have any comments on
>> whether I am saying something that makes sense "globally" within sipx or is
>> the the java libraries we are talking about and how it deals with these
>> fields internally?
>>

> You're right, we could add additional ways to specify whitelist /
> blacklist like parsing from CSV uploaded file - there should be no problem
> with java code used. Please raise an improvement
>
> Thanks
> George

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony Graziano, Manager
Telephone: 434.984.8430
sip: tgrazi...@voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.465.6833
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab
2013!
<http://sipxcolab2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=tony2013>

Telephone: 434.984.8426
sip: helpd...@voice.myitdepartment.net