From: Tony Graziano [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:44 AM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org; Tony Graziano; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [sipx-users] multi branch

The second part of your question was if you could have both system in
different domain names.

I think the HA setup requires the same domain name for each. though you
could probably run aliases(es) on them to back each other up. I'm not
sure that's the approach you would want though. I believe HA is meant
for a single entity.

>>> "Tony Graziano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/18/08 20:39 PM >>>
Not really for load balancing as much as for high-availability.

What you might find is that having two systems in remote locations does
not do you a lot of good without a private network connection or without
a sip aware firewall to connect the two systems.

Load balancing to a remote server for SIP seems a bit far fetched to me.
sipXecs is very sparse on its system requirements, so unless you have
many thousands of users in one location, a remote system for load
balancing is not an ideal solution (IMHO).

SIP as a protocol is time sensitive to media, so you would typically
want multiple servers closeby where your users are to eliminate latency.

At the same time, since users "register", the availability of the
registrar and the proxy to originate and receive calls are typically
more crucial.

So I think the answer to your question is "yes" if you are trying to run
a high availability system, but it is not "load balancing" as you would
run with a typical application server.

Looking in the wiki for "High Availability" would find you this document
for the current stable 3.10 version.

http://sipxecs.sipfoundry.org/rep/sipXecs/branches/3.10/sipXregistry/doc/HaS
etup.pdf

Hope this answers that for you.

>>> "dimitris(yahoo)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/18/08 17:09 PM >>>
Hello everybody,

I am new to SipX, and I have the following question :

How is it possible to "connect" two or more SipX servers which are
located
in different locations for load balancing reasons?

(one server in one location , the second in an other location etc with
different domain names.)

Is there any tutorial for this ?

Thanks in advance

Dimitris - Greece