On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 17:31 +0000, Gabor Paller wrote:

> After this message, however, 202 Accepted does not arrive but SipX
> immediately returns a NOTIFY.
>

> This confuses the JAIN-SIP stack, as there is no SUBSCRIBE dialog
> established, the NOTIFY goes into the void and cannot be responded to.
>
> Eventually the 202 arrives.

> Shouldn't 202 Accepted arrive first? The application and the server are
> located on the same machine, I can't imagine that this is caused by
> network delay.

There are a couple of odd things here.

First, since this is a re-SUBSCRIBE, the subscription should already
exist independently of the status of the re-SUBSCRIBE transaction, and
the stack should accept the NOTIFY based on that existing subscription.
(The exception would be if the sending of the re-SUBSCRIBE was so close
to the end of the subscription that the subscription had timed-out after
the re-SUBSCRIBE was sent but before the NOTIFY arrives.)

Second, even if this is a new subscription, the subscriber must be
prepared to see the NOTIFY before the final response to the SUBSCRIBE:
RFC 3265, section 3.1.4.4, "Due to the potential for both out-of-order
messages and forking, the subscriber MUST be prepared to receive NOTIFY
messages before the SUBSCRIBE transaction has completed."

Dale