gotcha... based on your earlier email i was under the impression that
it was just one extension you were trying to send through sipx... i
guess that doesn't make much sense =)

> I know, but I don't need examples in Smartware configuration: the point is
> to understand why sipx need authentication when it routes call between
> gateways, even if rules in the dial plan are set with no particular
> permission, and if there is a way to bypass/disable authentication.

as a design decision, requiring authentication makes sense to
me--though maybe someone else can weigh in on that.  but we just had a
thread where you stated that you were concerned that unauthorized ua's
could make calls through the pattons unless you used acl's.  what
mechanism (other than number obfuscation through a dial plan) would
you use to ensure that unauthorized users wouldn't exploit this?

milosz