I wanted to install another CentOS/FC package. (e.g. midnight commander)
But i got the message that there is no such package available.

Yes indeed there isn't any repo added to the CentOS  installation.

I assumed that the 4.0 ISO would be a stable relase as ist was in the
stable-download-section.
I think it is confusing putting a non-production build into stable download
folder.

Anyway, I will keep using another updated installation.

Thanks for your help.

René