<1d9361c130b11c4db300adbfca365270051be...@zrtphxm0.corp.nortel.co
Campbell" <alb...@nortel.com> wrote:
 Subject: [sipX-dev] sipXecs 4.0.0 is
> released!
> >
> > The build 4.0.0-015321 has been promoted to 'stable' status, and is
> now
> > available in the sipXecs public stable distribution area:
> >
> >   http://sipxecs.sipfoundry.org/pub/sipXecs
> >
> > The yum repository definitions and the LatestStable link have been
> > updated to reflect this.
> >
> > Some development will continue on the 4.0.0 branch to fix any issues
> > that arise; when enough fixes have accumulated (or some of them are
> > urgent enough), we will update the released versions by incrementing
> > the
> > third number (4.0.1, 4.0.2, etc).  One of the new features of sipXecs
> > is
> > that you can automatically check for these updates and be notified
> when
> > one is available.
> >
> > I'd like to thank all the users and developers that have worked hard
> > and
> > been patient through the extended testing period - I think you'll find
> > that this is by far the best and most stable version of sipXecs we've
> > ever released.
> >

> Thanks Scott !! I will post something on the wiki later but just so
> everyone knows.  If you need to upgrade from 3.10.X to 4.0 you will need
> to do a couple things:
> 1. Shutdown sipxecs
> 2. Ensure the appropriate repo files are in place for 4.0
> 3. Install the sipxecs package . (yum install sipxecs)
> 4. Start sipxecs
>
> It's the step 3 that some people may not realize they need to do.
>
> Hope this helps

I think there's more to it than that. That goes as expected, but...

It failed to  handle the certificate generation properly.

! Check failed - certificate and key not installed.

I manually created them and installed them, which went without issue, and I
handled the warings for rpmnew and had to change the user/group permissions on
/etc/sipxpbx/httpd-sipxchange-common.conf to sipxchange:sipxchange

So now it loads without error. sipxconfig FAILED at startup:

r...@pbx ~]# sipxproc --state
{"FreeSWITCH"=>"Disabled",
 "sipXmrtg"=>"Disabled",
 "SIPRegistrar"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "ParkServer"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "ConfigAgent"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "CallResolver"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "ACDServer"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "SIPStatus"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "ConfigServer"=>"Running",
 "CallResolver-Agent"=>"Disabled",
 "SipXbridge"=>"Disabled",
 "MediaServer"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "sipXivr"=>"Disabled",
 "PageServer"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "PresenceServer"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "ResourceListServer"=>"ConfigurationMismatch",
 "SipXrelay"=>"Disabled",
 "SIPXProxy"=>"ConfigurationMismatch"}

While i would expect configuration mismatches until i enable roles, i can't
login to do so. Anyone have ideas?