On May 11, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Damian Krzeminski wrote:

> Michael Siebecker wrote:

>>> If someone writes such a service I'll be happy to add code to
>>> sipXconfig to
>>> use it.
>>
>> Could git and associated email tools be such a backend ?
>>

> Why not.
>
>> From sipXconfig perspective what would be needed is a very simple
>> 'template
> retrieve' rest like service. Where:
>
> GET http://itsp-service.example.com/template
>
> Would return a list of template (XML or JSON or TEXT)
>
> And:
>
> GET http://itsp-service.example.com/template/{template-id}
>
> Would return a template ITSP file/details.
>
> It does not really matter how the service itself is implemented.
> Clearly
> whoever manages it will have to figure out how to receive, sanitize
> and
> verify the templates.
> D.

It doesn't seem like it would be at all difficult to implement such a
web service. I might be able to help with it. I would need to know all
of the settings that are needed for an ITSP. We would probably want to
have a maintainer that inputs/verifies all official templates, but we
could have a system where users can submit their own configs to the
maintainer.

--
Christopher Wagner