From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Tony Graziano
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:18 AM
To: vikasraigu...@gmail.com
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Public IP Requirement is mendatory in ITSP and
RemoteRegistration?

If your firewall has a dynamic ip address then you have to also use a DNS
host that supports SRV, NAPTR and Dynamic DNS, wouldn't you?

Any comments from anyone else?

>>> VG <vikasraigu...@gmail.com> 05/14/09 5:40 AM >>>
Thanks Tony.

But i want to know simply that if i configure sipx on local ip like
sip 192.168.x.x
and there is a dsl router comes in picture with dynamic ip given by my
isp then sipx will work for itsp registration in that case.

I like to know that itsp calling module will first ask to stun for its
public ip and port then only send the message to itsp..

Am i right.

My itsp is the first case u as u described in mail.
There is no hardly req. of Static ip from itsp side.

My motive is just to know the stun implementation comes in picture in
my case or not?

Regards,
VG

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Tony Graziano
<tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> wrote:
> This is two different questions, and the answer to one actually depends on
the other.
> If your ITSP required registration, and can send you calls on a port other
than 5060, then I think a dynamic isp address will work for both. If your
ITSP requires a static IP address, then that does limit you overall, though
there is much less to go wrong.