On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 21:13 -0700, Jason Jason wrote:
> I am using Sipxecs version 3.10.2-013143 2008-07-23T18:09:14
> ecs-centos5 with an Audicodes Mediant 600 Gateway 5.40A.020 for the
> SIP Gateway and Nortel 6830 IP Phone with firmware version "V1238".
>
> In several upscale systems, there is a way to see which extensions are
> parked by a light on the phone, I have seen them  on Avaya and other
> similar sets. Without this option,  users are complaining about how
> they don’t know which extensions are parked or not, and its causing a
> great inconvenience on them (since they are used to this already).
>
> Is there a way to view a flashing light on one of the lights, or some
> kind of other visual notification that a certain extension is holding
> a parked call?

In sipX, calls are parked on separate "orbits".  Orbits have numbers
which are part of the same number space as extensions.  So in a small
office, you might have extensions numbered 101, 102, etc., and orbits
numbered 300, 301, 302, etc.  You might set up a convention where each
extension "owns" a particular orbit, but sipX does not enforce that.

Once you've done that, you can program your phone's BLF to monitor
orbits just like you would program it to monitor a phone.  (Go into the
user's "Speed Dial" page, enter the orbit number, and check "monitor
presence".)

For most phones, the display of a parked call is arranged to be
flashing, like a ringing call would appear on a normal extension.

Dale