On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 14:02 -0400, Tim Byng wrote:
> I would like to post a couple of traces for an issue I’m having. I
> found the following page on how to do this here:
>
> http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Display_SIP_message_flow_using_Sipviewer
>

> I have been using merge-logs in the past, but now I would like to get
> some more details about how to best filter the data. There are some
> tips on this page, such as supplying the call-id for the token.
> However, how do you figure out what the call-id is before you have a
> trace?
>

> There are also a few different methods listed: sipx-trace, merge-logs,
> siptrace-merge. I think sipx-trace just calls siptrace-merge (maybe a
> helper function?), but I’m not sure.

sipx-trace is a wrapper that implements searching in local or remote
logs and then merges the resulting data and runs sipviewer.

> For this particular issue, I would like to get a trace for an inbound
> call that eventually gets put through a call forwarding rule before
> the call is dropped. What would be the best way to filter this trace?

Call-id values are a good way to do this is to log in to the server and
run the shell command:

sipx-dialog-count /var/log/sipxpbx/sipXproxy.log | grep INVITE  > /tmp/allcalls

This will produce a set of lines like:

            42       INVITE   2009-06-22T18:02:33
MzQ1M2E0NThmODRiZDM3MjA0ZjQ3OThmODcyNzA4YzE.
            12       INVITE   2009-06-22T15:05:58
dbb999822b86b5f8b0eaae4f8badc...@192.168.5.223

the first column is the number of requests in the call, the third is the
start time of the call in UTC (universal time), and the fourth is the
call id.