I have setup a high availability system with 2 sipx servers on sipx
4.0.1. The configuration seems to replicate over fine and calling works
when both are up.

However if I take down the secondary (Role: "Redundant SIP Router")
calling stops working completely. The primary sending our a request
timeout error.

DNS is configured with the primary as having the higher priority. I only
want the secondary used as a failover.

A packet sniff indicates the phones are sending calls to both pbx systems.

call sequence primary
---------
INVITE
100 Trying.
407 Proxy Authentication Required.
ACK

INVITE
100 Trying.
(some dns queries)
408 Request timeout.
ACK

call sequence secondary
INVITE
(icmp unreachable response)

INVITE
(icmp unreachable response)

Also a possible bug report. Unchecking the "Redundant SIP Router" box
does not work. You can click apply and it stays unchecked, but if you
leave and go back in, it is checked again.