> > however you continue to maintain that a grand is "very realistic" "from
> > what you can tell" (hmmm).
>
> Um, ya, just look around on the net, tons of hardware, see above :).

"um, ya", this is the point which you are missing... does it match your
criteria?  no, it does not, because if it did, you would have found it.  you
keep saying that there is tons of gear around that you can use for this, but
you have not found any yet.  despite having canvassed the people who are
best qualified to give you advice.  i am just trying to help you out by
pointing out this extremely basic flaw in your reasoning.  but i guess this
is not the sipx-basicreasoninghelp or sipx-howtodoyourjob list.  although
lately there's been some confusion about that, i think.

and yeah, i am saying that if you do somehow find some gear that works
really well and costs under a grand, let us know, cause we will -all- buy
it.