Currently, I've got sipx installed as a small cluster of servers, two redundant
servers and one as a voicemail only server on an IBM BladeCenter. The two
redundant servers are on 2 x 2.8Ghz, 64Bit, 4GB RAM blades and the voicemail
server is a guest on an ESX server running the same hardware and three other
low use guests.

A common suggestion seems to be 'run multi-core CPU's'. I could migrate these
over to my 2 x dual core-2.4Ghz, 64Bit, 4GB blades but before I bother, I
wonder about the following.

My plan is to have 2 or 3 separate locations to run the cluster at some point
so wonder what might be easier. A blade server is a big box while similar power
in individual boxes takes up less space, less heat, cooling, power, etc. Easy
to put into various locations.

So for example, I've got multi-CPU servers as well, some of which are dual XEON
2.8Ghz servers and even 8-way 3Ghz servers. The thing about these servers is
that some of them can handle 32 and 64GB of memory. So, not multi-core
processors, single core, multiple CPU's but tons of memory.

I'm trying to get an idea of which might be the better way to go, for future
flexibility and performance. For example, on a box which has 32GB of memory,
perhaps I could use 4GB for the main app, then create a huge cache for other
things?

I know that this question is based on many variables but it's something I'd
like to get right before going into production. Sure would welcome some input
based on what you've been doing.

Thanks.