Hi

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Do you mean the EC is not active at all (even the low 25ms) for the
far-end side when we use the gateway in TE mode to connect a local sip
system to the pstn using BRAs ?
Damned, I must have missed this in the datasheet :(

So you're not using the gateway to connect to pstn in your case, only
to connect local isdn terminals ?

Here we get plenty of far-end echo on our last installation when using
the gateway to connect to the pstn.
We just tried the patton gateways instead of pci cards (I didn't
notice EC was only 25ms...).
Before that, we used digium b410p with 64ms HW EC on asterisk, but we
noticed that, although the echo seems to disappear, there still
remains a "crispy" echo than can be easily heard on good sip phones
like polycom... thank you HD audio :) . We are still waiting for an
answer from Digium support.

One or two year ago we almost never heard echo, but now we have more
and more, mainly on companies that receive calls from residential users.
I suspect this could be due to the increasing popularity of "triple
play" offers here where the providers probably use cheap ATAs, and the
end users usually have cheap analog home phones. I guess the latency
and round trip can easily go above 64ms on these setups.

Are you aware of good gateways with 128ms echo canceller (Audiocodes
maybe ?). These are probably way more expensive but we could at least
try it to confirm the problem.
Maybe we should also try to build a standalone asterisk gateway with
better cards that the digium B410p then (sangoma cards have 128ms EC,
but maybe a software EC like oslec will provide better results than
the patton anyway).

Gaetan