On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:03 PM, M. Ranganathan <mra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Derek Bartolo <
> dbart...@comsourcetechnologies.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hey guys I noticed something odd the last couple of days. I’m running
>> sipx 4.0.1 with 2 polycom desksets setup. I’m using Unlimitel as our sip
>> trunk service. So basically what happens is the system will dial in and dial
>> out but after half an hour to 2 hours the system won’t dial out anymore. So
>> I went and reset the sip services on the system and after they come back I
>> can dial in and out of the system no problems….Any ideas?
>>

> Could have something to do with session timers. Try this patch (which
> includes a fix for session timer ) :
>
> http://track.sipfoundry.org/secure/attachment/22053/patch12.zip
>
> Please report back if the issue is fixed after you apply the patch.

Actually this diagnosis may not be correct because session timers would only
affect ongoing calls ( thanks for catching that Scott ). Please apply the
patch anyway and retest. After that if it still does not work, I would need
to see a snapshot to see what the problem could be ( perhaps related to NAT
refresh or Registration timeout ).

Did you see any 403 forbidden in the trace ? If so, then this patch also
includes a mechanism to retry REGISTER despite Forbidden responses. This
might help but I would need to look at a trace to be sure.

Thanks

Ranga

--
M. Ranganathan