On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 17:32 +1300, Justin Menga wrote:
> Hi
>
> The From address is the format
> <calling-party-number>@<gateway-ip-address> - for example,
> <0275779...@210.55.232.170> - this of course does not match a locally
> configured user identity on SIPXecs as the calling party number will
> always be a PSTN number.
>
> Note that I can get this going without authentication if I use a SIP
> Trunk instead, but I've run into interoperability issues with an
> external SBC when doing this and I'd like to avoid using SIPXecs as an
> RTP proxy for these types of calls.

The only other reason that the proxy would send the 407 is if the
incoming request URI matches a dial plan that requires some permission.

The easiest way to mis-configure things so that happens is to create a
dial plan that has your sipXecs system itself configured as a gateway.

If you trace the call:

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/Display_SIP_message_flow_using_Sipviewer#Getting_SIP_Messages_to_display

you should be able to see when the request gets a 407 response (you want
the earliest 407 in the trace).   Look at the form of the request URI in
the request to which that response is sent (the request URI is
immediately after the 'INVITE' on the first line of the request - _not_
the one in the To header).  That one is the one that's matching a dial
plan that needs a permission.