Good afternoon,

I have a Polycom IP650 that is on the same subnet as the sipXecs server,
and a soft phone (either X-Lite or Bria - both exhibit the same
problem).   Both are configured as extension 12.

The softphone is configure with my extension as the username, "lynk.com"
as the domain, and it is configured to use the IP address of the sipXecs
server as the proxy address.

Both the hard phone and the soft phone show as registered in sipXecs:

URI
<https://192.168.9.1:8443/sipxconfig/admin/commserver/Registrations,tabl
eColumnComponent.linkColumn.sdirect?container=contrib%3ASimpleTableColum
nPage&sp=Aadmin%2Fcommserver%2FRegistrations%2C%24setting%24Registration
sTable.tableView&sp=Suri>

Contact
<https://192.168.9.1:8443/sipxconfig/admin/commserver/Registrations,tabl
eColumnComponent.linkColumn.sdirect?container=contrib%3ASimpleTableColum
nPage&sp=Aadmin%2Fcommserver%2FRegistrations%2C%24setting%24Registration
sTable.tableView&sp=Scontact>

Expiration [s]
<https://192.168.9.1:8443/sipxconfig/admin/commserver/Registrations,tabl
eColumnComponent.linkColumn.sdirect?container=contrib%3ASimpleTableColum
nPage&sp=Aadmin%2Fcommserver%2FRegistrations%2C%24setting%24Registration
sTable.tableView&sp=Sexpires>

sip:1...@lynk.com

<sip:1...@192.168.9.252;x-sipX-nonat>

250

"Mike B PC"<sip:1...@lynk.com>

<sip:1...@192.168.9.254:64078;rinstance=3a605d9dabd2f466;x-sipX-privcontac
t=192.168.9.254%3A64078>

998

Inbound calls to our DIDs are forwarded to a Hunt Group that rings a
group of extensions.

Outbound calls work fine.

When an outside call comes in, the hardphone rings, but the softphone
does not.

When someone internally dials my extension, both the hardphone and the
softphone ring.

If it were a NAT issue, then I would expect both inbound and
extension-to-extension calls to be affected.

Other than NAT, though, I can't think of anything that should be causing
the softphone to not ring whenever the hardphone rings (since they have
the same extension.)

I have a sipXtrace, but the list bounces my email if I attach it (it's
84kb).   Let me know if you want to see it.

The extension-to-extension calls don't show up on the trace.  Is that
normal?

Our topology looks like:

Internet

Firewall --- DMZ Switch ---+--- sipXecs Serve

 (NAT)                     |

   |                       +--- Polycom IP650

LAN Switch                 |

   |                       +--- Polycom IP650

   |                       |

PC w/Bria                  +--- Polycom IP650

I have a user set up for each DID Number:

Username

Name

Aliases

DID001

First DID Number

16165551212 5551212 6165551212

DID002

Second DID Number

16165552121 5552121 6165552121

The forwarding rules for all the DIDs are set to:

Always/Enabled/At the same time   forward to 99    ring for 999 seconds

Always/Enabled/If no response     forward to 0     ring for 30 seconds

A hunt group (99) set up that rings all extensions:

Name:         AllPhones

Extension:    99

Sequence                User        Expiration

Initially Call          10          6000

At the same time        11          6000

At the same time        12          6000

At the same time        13          6000

---

Mike Burden

Lynk Systems, Inc

e-mail: m...@lynk.com