Hello list,

I have the following issue with the voicemail: every now and then, when somebody soft spoken leaves a voice mail they get interrupted by the silence detection threshold and unfortunately they don’t bother to re-record and speak louder instead they hang up. If there where for me I wouldn’t care but some of these messages where really important for the ppl in management ;P

I have a hybrid system that consists of a sip trunk + a mediatrix 1204 gw. I noticed the majority of the messages where coming in from the mediatrix but I did get two dropped messages over the SIP trunk.

I’ve been playing with the voicemail for a bit and I am able to reproduce the problem by speaking very softly into the mouthpiece when leaving a message, I get cutoff after about 10 seconds with “to play this message press 1, to send this message press 2, to delete this message and try again …”

Is there any way that I can either increase that timeout or the threshold for the silence detection? Make it a bit less sensitive to the silence periods

I found these two options bellow but none them seemed to have made any difference after changing the values and restarting sipx (/etc/init.d/sipxecs restart)

/etc/sipxpbx/freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs/voicemail.conf.xml:

<param name="record-silence-threshold" value="200"/>
<param name="record-silence-hits" value="2"/>

I am running  4.1.0-017444 2009-12-05T23:06:17 ecs-centos5 ISO installed