On 2/16/10 4:05 PM, Tony Graziano wrote:
Your vyatta router does not need a sip filter or their "version" of a sip filter to do this.

The vyatta router should do "symmetric port nat". If the vyatta is doing symettic port nat with all ALG or sip filters off, "IT WILL WORK".

http://blog.myitdepartment.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Call-Setup-Example-sipXecs-through-ITSP1.pdf
I second that.
Having sonicwall try to rewrite it (even though I turned it off), and having the itsp want to rewrite it, its best just to let sipx do what sipx is supposed to do. Dozens of gremlins left once I upgraded the firewall firmware and turned off ITS options. Forwards started to work (even on the cisco 7960's). Both inbound and outbound. Personal AA set to an external number started to work, IP based authentication worked where it didn't before. Call setup time improved. Big difference.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. If you have too many devices all trying to 'add salt', the soup won't be useful. You want the firewall to do deep packet inspectin and try to guess what sipx is trying to do? or let sipx do it?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008