On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 10:35 -0500, Nathaniel Watkins wrote:
> I'm looking to push all of my voice vlan (external) data to another
> firewall.  We are using ISA internally, and I think I would get better
> performance on my sip trunks by using a hardware based firewall.
>
> That being said - I will need to change the default gateway on sipx -
> what is the proper way to do this?

There's no gui for it.

Log in to the root account, and edit the file

  /etc/sysconfig/network

and change the GATEWAY line.  Then restart the network by executing

  service network restart

If you're also going to change the IP address and subnet, it's more
complicated.

> I'm planning on using a PIX 515 as the default gateway - does anyone
> know if there are any issues/fall backs to using this router?  On the
> 515, we will then add static routes for all our internal
> vlans/routers.

I have not tested with a PIX in years, but last time I did the SIP ALG
it had was horribly incompatible with our stuff, so make sure that is
not enabled.