I posted this one before but did not get any feedbacks from anybody.

We have a sipx 4.0.2 server using 2 analog media gateways for pstn calls. These
analog gateways are configured under sipx dial plans so that when there are
lack of resources on the first analog gateway, sipx can try the second one to
place an putbound pstn call.

Here is the problem. When we place a call and there are no more FXO ports
available on the first gateway, sipx tries the second gateway immediately. The
call is established successfully through the second analog gateway but the call
is not placed under "active calls" table under SIPx-CDR menu. It is placed
under the historic table immediately with zero seconds and "Fail" status. SIPX
updates the historic table without even waiting for the active outbound pstn
call to be terminated.

According to the packet captures, the first media gateway sends a 480
temporarily unavailable message back to sipx when there are no more available
fxo ports on it. SIPx sends an invite to the second analog media gateway with
the same call-id. This second attempt is successful but we have the issue with
the CDR records.

We do not see multiple CDR records for this call attempt. Only one which is the
one with "failed" status.

CDR records are accurate for the internal extension-to-extension calls and
inbound pstn calls. We are having this issue only for the outbound calls.

Is thisĀ a known issue? Is there a problem with the way sipx handles 480
messages?

Thanks