From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
<sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org>
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org <sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Tue Mar 23 21:13:15 2010
Subject: [sipx-users] Caller ID on forwarded calls using Flowrote

I've seen numerous posts concerning Caller ID on forwarded calls but none
seem to match my situation. I'm using version 4.1.7-018309 and Flowroute as
my ITSP (through sipXbridge). From the Flowroute FAQ:

We transmit Caller-ID based on the presence of one of the following header
fields in order of preference: "P-Asserted-Identity", "Remote-Party-ID" or
"From:".

On the Flowroute gateway page, I have "Use default asserted identity"
unchecked with the "Asserted Identity" field empty. On regular outgoing
calls, everything works correctly. In the trace, I see that sipX sends the
Caller ID using the "From" header, and the ITSP user name is sent using the
"Contact" header.

I have user 201 configured from the sipX user portal to forward calls to my
cell phone. If I call 201 from extension 202, the call goes to my cell and I
see the caller ID configured for extension 202.

The problem is with calls originating from the PSTN. sipXbridge sends the
following "From" header to Flowroute:

From: "sipxbridge"
<sip:xxxxx...@sip.flowroute.com<sip%3axxxxx...@sip.flowroute.com>
>;tag=4023757721964266966

The "X"s represent my ITSP user name. The result is that my cell phone
receives my ITSP username as Caller ID. If I check "Use default asserted
identity" on the gateway configuration page, the result is that sipXbridge
sets the original (correct) Caller ID using the "From" header and sends the
ITSP username using "P-Asserted-Identity." However, because of Flowroute's
Caller ID policies my cell phone still receives the ITSP username as Caller
ID.

Now, having read the Caller ID page on the wiki, I suppose that Flowroute's
handling of Caller ID is outside the norm. I am confused as to why
sipXbridge will send Caller ID using "From" on regular outgoing calls and
forwarded calls from an internal extension, but not on forwarded calls from
the PSTN.

Is this a sipX bug or am I screwed because of Flowroute's (apparent)
abnormal handling of Caller ID? If the latter is the case, is there any work
around?

Thank you for all help. I hope I explained that so that it makes sense.

--
Christopher