hmmm haven't traced via wireshark yet. For my dial plan, i only used the
default settings for local. I also put in under digit map, 9xxxxxxx (7-digit
dialling).  Im only trying to implement local calls. Do i have to put in my
country code as well? For your case, you did configure some settings in the
audiocodes gateway manually then? Coz I thought sipXconfig is supposed to do
that automatically. hmmm...i don't really know how to configure the
manipulation table for audiocodes but i guess i'll just google that if it's
really necessary. .

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Winson (Elabram)
<winson.k...@elabram.com>wrote:

>  do you try to use wireshark to trace you sipx to audiocodes? and what is
> the number to call out (means receive call work?)
> because u have to know you number is correct.
>
> for example my dial plan on sipxecs is 6012XXXXXXX(8 digit)
> my country is only under 012XXXXXXX
> so your audiocode have to reduce the number (Protocol Configuration
> ->Manipulation
> Tables->Destination Phone Number Manipulation Table for IP -> Tel Calls)
>
> hope can help you :-)
>
> ronald teng wrote:
>
> hi everyone,
>    Im new to voip tech so please bear with me. Im currently trying to setup
> a system using SipXecs (centos), AudioCodes MP118 FXO firmware ver 5.4 and
> Polycom phones. I am already able to make calls internally but im having
> problems calling out to the PSTN. Based on my current read (an ebook
> published by packt for sipX), all configuration on the gateway will be done
> using sipXconfig and i dont need to configure any settings on the Audiocodes
> gateway itself. Already added the gateway in sipX, added the local dial plan
> and enabled it but everytime i call out, i just get a busy tone. Don't i
> need to configure some form of dial plan like in Cisco (dial peers)? Any
> suggestions? Please help :(
>
> Regards,
> Ron

> *  Kong Wing Soon*