On 4/19/10 8:44 PM, Nathan Nieblas wrote:

Ran into some firmware compatibility issues after upgrading from 4.0 to 4.2

Firmware 8.3.5 on 79xx would only ring internal extensions but not dial over the trunk, it would just hang until there was a reorder.

Firmware 8.5.4 on 79xx works with no known issues so far, however we run into the Polycom calling the Cisco phone issues again.

Just FYI... If anyone has anything to share Cisco related I'm all ears J

we are using 4.2.0, polycom 650's and cisco 7960's

seems to dial out fine.  what is the 'poly calling the cisco' problem?
I just dialed from a poly650 (3.13c) to a cisco 7960

are you saying that I should NOT upgrade my Cisco phones? that the next upgrade should be to polycom's?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008