We are using Polycom phones and I don't think they support speex or ILBC (at
least not all the models).

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Josh Patten
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:57 PM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] g.729

FYI I just confirmed using the X-Lite Client that FreeSWITCH supports both
the narrowband and wideband speex codecs. From what I understand it's lower
bandwidth than G.729:
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/speex-dev/2006-May/004453.html

I couldn't get iLBC to work with FreeSWITCH/Polycom/xLite so I gave up on
it.

Josh Patten
Assistant Network Administrator
Brazos County IT Dept.