Hi,

I am still trying to understand how to use "server side contacts" for Bria
(provisioned via Sipx).

The history:
By default after upgrading from 4.0.4 to 4.2.0 the Bria softphone gets a
complete list of all users, including superadmin (with side-effects, see
below).
After deleting the only existing phonebook (that did not include
administrators as a group so superadmin should not be there) the complete
list was still distributed.
I changed "webdav" to "client" under "System" in the phone group to
prevent the <extension>-directory.xml file to propagate all users.

I like and would like to use the functionality of "server side contacts",
but only if I can have some control about the content of the
<extension>-directory.xml file.
According to http://track.sipfoundry.org/browse/XX-6772  the
<extension>-directory.xml is filled based on a phonebook, but which one,
or is it only "all users"?

I also have a question about presence in combination with "server side
contacts".
I am not using XMPP at the moment, when Bria started after upgrading SipX
to 4.2.0 Bria automatically received the complete list of users and
automatically all my existing duplicate contacts were gone, including
presence status. The new entries have presence" enabled,
but as no invitation was send by Bria to the other party there is no
presence icon in front of the contact's name.
Is this as designed? Is this supposed to work with XMPP, is presence not
supported when using this feature, do I need to use "presence agent" in
Bria?

Any help appreciated,
I can't find any good info on the site, but maybe it is there, if so
please just send the link.
 "Teach me to do it myself".

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincères salutations

Paul Scheepens