Also, not long ago I think somebody posted a method for extracting those
from the database so that they were unencrypted.

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Tony
Graziano
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:16 PM
To: Pizza Napoletana
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org list
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Is it OK to edit validusers.xml?

User name

Voice-mail PIN

SIP password

First name

Last name

User alias

EMail address

User group

Phone serial number

Phone model

Phone group

Phone description

Im Id

Does not look like email password will come over. Sorry. It will cut
down on your rebuild time considerably, but doesn't help you with email
(IMAP) password.

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Pizza Napoletana <pizzai...@gmx.com>
wrote:

I decided to do a fresh ISO install of 4.2, rather than try an upgrade
from 4.1.6. It is a small installation (about 25 users). So manually
recreating users, phones, gateway, dial plans, etc. wasn't a big deal.
But I have a couple of things I need to copy from the old system and I
am not sure how to do it.

I need to set the voicemail PIN and the IMAP password of the users in
the new system to be the same as the old one. Is it OK to carefully copy
the respective fields from the old validusers.xml to the new install's
validusers.xml? Will my edits get overwritten by some sipx task?

What is the right way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.