On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 15:08 -0500, Josh Patten wrote:
> Upon performing an upgrade in my test environment from 4.0.4 to 4.2.0 I
> noticed something that might make life difficult for administrators of
> large, dispersed systems that have many location based dialing rules:
> The "groups" that were used to route calls before did not get converted
> to "branches" essentially making a lot of things, such as location based
> 911 dialing, break after the upgrade requiring a lot of manual
> intervention and configuration of every user. Was this the intention or
> did I miss something important?

It was not the intention, but may not be completely avoidable.

Ideally, we would have been able to recognize that a group was being
used in this way, but since groups are general concepts, that usage
could also have been mixed in with many other settings.  Recognizing
which were being used for routing might be hard.

We should probably take another look at this.

Do you have some notes on what you had to do that we could use to make
up some upgrade documentation, Josh?