The described functionality to be able to change the Caller ID to the
DID during external forwarding of a call is definitely on the wish list.

I investigated this myself, on this list, about a year ago. At that
time without success.

The main driver is to be able to identify the call a forwarded from
your office extension. But also, in my case, to be able to group all
calls belonging to a certain DID together on the invoice we receive
from our ITSP.

How can we add this on the official feature request list?

/Anders