From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Tony Graziano
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:46 PM
To: Sipx-users list; Sipx-dev list
Subject: [sipx-users] Query on internal domain and SIP/XMPP

I already know one of these answers, but they seem related and I wanted to
make sure my logic was correct. I don;t normally cross post, but wanted a
broader audience if I can get it because it will come up be be a question
for a lot of people upgrading to 4.2, and helps with proper planning.

I don't believe it is possible to register remotely unless your sipxecs
SIPDOMAIN is a publicly routable domain. Is this correct?

If this is correct then setting up a ".loc, or .local" SIPDOMAIN also means
you are setting up the XMPP domain, so server to server federation will not
work UNLESS your SIPDOMAIN (and XMPP domain) are publicly resolvable
domains. The "invite" for XMPP would not use a server alias, and would be
sent from the SIPDOMAIN. If that domain is not publicly resolvable the
invite will never be received.

So I think this is correct, I have always operated under this impression
since 4.1.6. Can anyone tell me if this is incorrect? If so, a wiki page
should ensue...

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.