From: Andreas (Around the Clock Information Systems) [mailto:andr...@atcis.net]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 3:14 PM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: [sipx-users] Unable to Upgrade to sipXecs 4.2 using YUM

Dear sipXecs Users, Experts and Developers,

        I've been trying to upgrade from sipXecs version 4.0.1-015823 to 4.2
for over a week now and I get the following error every time:

http://sipxecs.sipfoundry.org/pub/sipXecs/LatestStable/CentOS/5/i386/RPM/rep
odata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum Trying
other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from sipxecs-stable: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

        I've searched the Internets for possible solutions and tried them all
to no avail.  Below I've included the output of one of about 100 different SSH
sessions to illustrate in more detail what I've tried as well as the results
from the attempt.  Any and all suggestions at this point would be welcomed.

                                Start SSH Session

[r...@neon ~]# yum update sipxecs
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached
hostfile
 * addons: pubmirrors.reflected.net
 * base: mirror.vcu.edu
 * extras: www.gtlib.gatech.edu
 * updates: www.gtlib.gatech.edu
sipxecs-stable/primary
| 253 kB     00:00
http://sipxecs.sipfoundry.org/pub/sipXecs/LatestStable/CentOS/5/i386/RPM/rep
odata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum Trying
other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from sipxecs-stable: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

[r...@neon ~]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror Cleaning up Everything Cleaning up
list of fastest mirrors

[r...@neon ~]# yum makecache
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror Determining fastest mirrors
 * addons: yum.singlehop.com
 * base: centos.secsup.org
 * extras: mirror.team-cymru.org
 * updates: mirror.cisp.com
Webmin                                              |  951 B     00:00
Webmin/filelists                                    | 2.0 MB     00:01
Webmin/other                                        | 1.6 kB     00:00
Webmin/primary                                      | 6.6 kB     00:00
addons                                              |  951 B     00:00
addons/filelists                                    |  194 B     00:00
addons/other                                        |  189 B     00:00
addons/primary                                      |  201 B     00:00
base                                                | 2.1 kB     00:00
base/filelists_db                                   | 3.3 MB     00:19
base/other_db                                       | 7.9 MB     00:45
base/group                                          | 920 kB     00:05
base/primary_db                                     | 1.6 MB     00:09
extras                                              | 2.1 kB     00:00
extras/filelists_db                                 | 195 kB     00:01
extras/other_db                                     | 430 kB     00:02
extras/group                                        | 9.7 kB     00:00
extras/primary_db                                   | 180 kB     00:01
sipxecs-stable                                      |  951 B     00:00
sipxecs-stable/filelists                            | 1.3 MB     00:02
http://sipxecs.sipfoundry.org/pub/sipXecs/LatestStable/CentOS/5/i386/RPM/rep
odata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum Trying
other mirror.
updates                                             | 1.9 kB     00:00
updates/filelists_db                                | 3.0 MB     00:17
updates/other_db                                    | 9.8 MB     00:56
updates/primary_db                                  | 616 kB     00:03
Webmin                              45/45
sipxecs-stable/primary                              | 253 kB     00:00
http://sipxecs.sipfoundry.org/pub/sipXecs/LatestStable/CentOS/5/i386/RPM/rep
odata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum Trying
other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from sipxecs-stable: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.
[r...@neon ~]#

                                End SSH Session

I'm using the sipxecs.repo from