Try Audacity...

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Michael
Scheidell
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 11:04 AM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] how do I lower volume on MOH?

On 5/3/10 9:48 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:

On 5/3/10 9:24 AM, Tony Graziano wrote:

No. It should be mastered at whatever level you want it to play.

so, load it into an audio editor, drop the volume on playback, rinse
repeat, right?
(since the the volume I play it back at from my desktop is NOT the
volume I hear on the phone)

any ideas on how to do this? I have a wave file.  its LOUD AND
OBNOXIOUS.  I can't remaster it, I don't have the source.
Iv tried loading into quicktime, lowering the volume -4db in the 'movie
properties' and saving it back out.. still loud.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> | SECNAP Network Security Corporation

*         Certified SNORT Integrator

*         2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance

*         Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness

*         Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide

*         King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008