On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 02:42 +0100, Hiral Patel wrote:

> If Dial plan 1 is above dial plan 2 in sipXecs dial plan list, when
> User two places a call to an external PSTN number the call fails, this
> is because there seems to be an issue in sipXecs where USER 2 is
> denied and the call request from USER 2 does not reach DIAL PLAN 2.

> USER 1 has permissions to DIAL PLAN 1 which is associated to SIP TRUNK
> 1
>
> USER 2 has permissions to DIAL PLAN 2 which is associated to SIP TRUNK
> 2

> User 1 does NOT have permission to dial plan 2
>
> User 2 does NOT have permissions to dial plan 1

> We are using sipXecs 4.0.4, can someone please help find a solution to
> this problem.

This isn't the way dial plan permissions work, unfortunately.  You
_cannot_ use two dial plans that match the same call and select which
one is used by making the permissions on them different.  As you found,
only the first matching rule is used, and if the permission prevents the
call, then that's the end...

I just added some documentation on this to the wiki, but there really is
no direct workaround.  It is the same in all versions today - upgrading
will not change it.

http://wiki.sipfoundry.org/display/xecsuserV4r2/Dial+Plan+Permissions

(the usual reason people try to do this is to support multi-tenant
configurations, which sipXecs does not do)