Since upgrading from 4.0.4 to 4.2 this past Sunday,
I have received many complaints that callers are disconnected
after only a short time while recording a voicemail message.
I just tested it myself. The recordings consistently disconnect after
just 10 seconds.

I'm using the same AudioCodes MP-118 FXO device running 5.2 firmware
that I have been using since 2007.
I have firmware version 5.6 available but I didn't want to install it at
the same time
I was upgrading to 4.2. I also have version 5.8 - my supplier says he
can't find any
information about the existence of 6.0 even though sipXecs claims to
support 6.0.

Is this an AudioCodes problem? Should I upgrade to 5.6? 5.8?
If so, why did it just show up after switching from 4.0.4 to 4.2?
Should I call directly from one extension to another and see if the
voicemail disconnects
as the AudioCodes gateway wouldn't be involved in this connection?

I spent a lot of time comparing the existing AudioCodes configuration to
the one
I built in the Gateway Management section of sipconfig 4.2. There appear
to be
some differences between the current settings and the sipconfig defaults.

--
Norman Branitsky                                 +1 416.798.7948
Cherniak Software Development Corporation   Fax: +1 416.798.0948