+1

-----Original Message-----
From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of M. Ranganathan
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 9:40 AM
To: JOLY, ROBERT (ROBERT)
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Tightening up sipxbridge behavior

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:29 PM, JOLY, ROBERT (ROBERT) <rj...@avaya.com>
wrote:

>> codec such as
>> Asterisk has that
>> the moment
>> that path

>> sipxbridge
>> just true that

>> > If this would allow us not to end up with regressions in
>> the field (i.e.
>> > production installations that work today on 4.2 but would no longer
>> > work after this change), then I would vote for this.
>> Especially since
>> > some users might not have a good alternative ITSP to go to because
>> > there either is none, or because the alternative would cost
>> a lot more money.
>> > --martin
>> >

>>  I hope the following compromise will suffice:
>>
>> Because these hacks have been in the field for some time and
>> are localized and because people may be depending on such
>> ITSPs to work 90% of the time by now. I will leave the hacks
>> in there but they will be guarded by a hidden boolean flag in
>> sipxbridge.xml called strict-protocol-enforcement.
>>
>> That flag will be hidden and set to "true" by default and I
>> highly recommend it not be set to false. I would not look
>> favorably upon problem reports where the flag has been set to false.
>
> Is it true to say that people that venture into using ITSPs that require
ths strict protocol enforcement to be false should not expect the level of
support you and your team have been providing up to now WRT interop issues?

Me and my team ( which is a singleton set that includes me), will
respond with indignation, alarm and despair should we see the flag in
question be set to false. We will pretend to loose emails with
attachments containing such snapshots and display other such rude and
disagreeable behaviors.

--
M. Ranganathan