I don't see where licensing would be an issue: From mp3licensing.com "If
your server will encode mp3 purely for internal use (i.e., you are not
planning to distribute mp3 codecs outside of your organization), you could
do so without needing to take our license. We would only assert our patents
if you planned to distribute the codec outside your organization
(commercially), whether for profit or not."