> The 1535 isn't my favorite phone, but if someone wanted a cost
> effective video phone, I'd recommend it.  It's not a full blown video
> conference system, but for speaking to a remote worker, or branch office, I
> think it is fine.

> I just picked some up on ebay for $49 - new.  I mean really, what can you
> expect for $49.

Like you say, don't expect business quality for a hundred (or less) dollar
price  and that's just what would fit the bill.
The only way to find that solution is to try them out until I find something
that works.

If at least one person says something is at least usable, I believe it's worth
giving it a shot.
I'll soon have more input to add I guess :).

Mike