On 2010-07-07 13:30, m...@grounded.net wrote:
> What is interesting is that it happened around 11:01 or so and looking at the
> sipregistry.log file, the times are totally weird as was identified yesterday.
>
> I have ntpd turned off at the moment.
> Looking at the above file, we see when we roll back the log that it goes from
> 17:02, to 17:01 and then to 18:01
>
> "2010-07-07T17:00:57.358701Z":KERNEL:WARNING:uc.sohologic.net:OsTimer-12:B6E76B90:SipRegistrar:"OsTimerTask::insertTimer
>  timer to fire 3041820306 microseconds in the past, queue length = 0"
> then to
> "2010-07-07T 17:00:58
> "2010-07-07T 17:01:XX
> "2010-07-07T 16:01:XX--16:59:XX
> "2010-07-07T 17:00:XX
> "2010-07-07T 17:00:00
> "2010-07-07T 18:00:00--18:01:12
> "2010-07-07T 17:01:19
The only time that ntpd will jump the clock is when the service is first
started, and only then if the it is configured to do so (it's not the
default) and the difference is large.  Under normal operation, it
adjusts the clock by making it run a little slow or fast (but always
forward).  So those jumps are something else, and if you hunt whatever
it is down and kill it, your registration problem (at least this one)
will go away.