SMTP traffic and things like that are easier to dweal with than you think.

Example: I have multiple ISP's and multiple Ip addresses. I create a LAN
rule to send all SMTP traffic (tcp port 25) out via a specific gateway.

It aint so hard, but I always suggest getting started somewhere. When you
create a rule for your lan for INBOUND traffic, you could obviously do the
same thing. The sample I had was just that, a sample to get pfsense up and
running in as little tinkering as possible for someone deploying sipxecs.
It's a simple example, and is EASILY MODIFIED.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM, m...@grounded.net <m...@grounded.net>wrote:

> Why put everything on the pfsense firewall if that's what you're thinking.
> I use pfsense for sipx remote workers and ITSP's, leaving the rest of my
> traffic on my main firewall. On the sipx boxes, I just point them to their
> gateway of which ever pfsense they reside on. So far, seems to work very
> well and I didn't have to change my whole network.
>
> I started with Tony's example, edited to my own needs and it worked right
> out of the box.
>
> Mike
>

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:32:57 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> > On 7/12/10 1:54 PM, Tony Graziano wrote: > you could just donwload the
> > sample config from my blog though...
> >

> > looks like the 'port forwarding' might not work for a whole network of
> > different types of hosts behind the pfsense.
> > this below looks like it will take anything and forwar it out the WAN ip,
> > and anything coming in the WAN ip and FWD it to those two internal
> servers.
> >
> > this would leave other public servers (private ip behind nat) trying to
> go
> > out the same want ip, I think.
> >
> > I have 36 different smtp servers, a dns server, 40 web servers,etc.
> >
> > even assiging virtual ip's (and I expect the virtual ips are type of
> > 'other'?) and doing port forwarding, the smtp servers who HAVE to go out
> > specific ports for RDNS, SPF and other server firewall rules on other
> > networks.

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.