From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
<sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org>
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org users <sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Mon Jul 12 19:29:12 2010
Subject: [sipx-users] Actual call transfer,     should it work? (polycom ->
patton)

[see the bottom for versions]

When I receive a call on a subscribed FXS line on a patton 4114 I can flash
and make a 2nd call. The patton manual states that if I then hang up on the
second call the first call should 'transfer' to the destination. I've been
unable to make this work between FXS ports on the same patton and between a
patton fxs and polycom 650's. I flash, get dialtone, call another extension
and talk to it normally, but when I hang up the original caller hears only
silence and isn't disconnected.

This fails the same if the call is from a patton FXO gateway (another box),
another FXS port on the same 4114, or from sipxbridge (voip.ms), or from a
Polycom phone. I've tried with the target being a polycom or another FXS on
the 4114.

I do have the 'call-transfer' option enabled on the FXS interface in the
patton.

The polycoms do 'referred' and 'blind' transfer as expected in all the above
scenarios (call from patton FXS, FXO, ITSP/sipxbridge, or another polycom).

I will run traces next, just curious if normal call transfer has ever been
known to work with Patton FXS ports or am I just wasting my time?

This is sipxecs 4.2.
Polycom: 0711224145|app1 |3|00|Application, load: Type=SIP,
Version=3.2.3.1734 22-Mar-10 15:56
Patton fxo+fxs: Software Version : R5.4 2009-11-18 H323 SIP FXS FXO

Thanks,
-Eric