I just wanted to let folks know this is not about eZuce taking Avaya's
place.  That wouldn't be very useful.  With the copyright assignment
agreement out of the way, everyone one is on the same playing field.
eZuce contributes because we found a way to profit in a community
driven, open source software business.  If you are doing the same or
planning to do the same then you're just like eZuce.   SIPfoundry
sipXecs project needs you to have *more* control not less.  eZuce
recognizes that you need that control to build a successful business
from sipXecs and therefore continue to stick around.

As the first small step in this pledge, much of the infrastructure to
run SIPfoundry will be created under accounts not tied to eZuce in as
much as that is possible.  I will share these accounts with various
members of the community so we never have to go through this
infrastructure transfer again.

Martin may pull together a roadmap based on what he sees eZuce
contributing, but it's not meant to reflect what get's in.  I would
recommend that we keep the same rules  that have always applied as far
as open communications about your intentions before you contribute a
substantial amount of code.

That brings me to source control and martin pointed folks to my git
repo, but i wanted to explain a bit about this.  i think it makes
sense to move to a distributed source code model, and i offer to
manage the upstream for as long as that is prudent.  i explicitly
didn't create a sipfoundry git repo because i wanted to make it clear
the responsibility ultimately and initially falls on my shoulders to
merge your contributions in.  This is in direct contrast to a model
where contributions are submitted, but no one feels obliged to do
anything about accepting it.  I can't guarantee I'll get this right,
or that i'll be as responsive as we'd all like, but I can promise I'll
do my best. Should the community agree I am not fulfilling my duties,
a new repo can be declared and builds can start coming from there.
Providing the ability to declare a new upstream source tree at any
time will make all the difference in ensure there is only one upstream
source tree.

Knowing that an official source tree is only distinguished from an
unofficial one by where the official builds come from.  On that front,
I've reached out to several non-eZuce employees that have made
contributions in the past in regards to building and should they
accept the responsibility, they will have all the power to produce the
new official builds including ISOs.  Matt White has already
volunteered, thank you Matt.

I feel like this time, we have a chance to get some of these finer
details right and I now know it will make all the difference.